Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Time to Brag?

Since my college football bowl predictions haven't gone very well, I thought I'd take the chance to show how well I've done picking NFL games.

ESPN had a contest that involved picking the winner of every NFL game this season.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com




I picked 189 (out of 256)games correctly, or 73.8%, which is really good. I finished (tied) for 106th place, out of about 107,000.


This (shrunken) screenshot shows me tied for first in the group of over 3,000 that I was in.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was there a point spread involved or was it simply head to head picks?

Who do you pick for tonight's BCS game?

I got USC 42-UT 38

(originally I had 35-31 SC but I am starting to believe the hype!!!)

9:20 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Freethinker said...

Just head-to-head, no one does that well against a point spread. The top person on ESPN (I don't know how many picked against the spread, but some thousands did) picked 62%.

I think USC will win, by a similar score to what you said. I do think Texas has a decent shot to win though. The key will be to not get jumped on early and not have turnovers - two things OU didn't manage to avoid last year.

11:32 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Parke said...

Congrats dude.

8:02 PM, January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home