Monday, March 20, 2006

Saturday Night

As many of you probably know, I've been looking for a full-time job without much success for a while now. Also as many of you know, I'm not exactly an extremely open person. What you may not know is that I have struggled with depression on and off for the last several years. In addition, I've sometimes wondered if I believe only as the demons do, and/or if I might simply be an agnostic that hadn't kicked the church-going habit.

All this is to say that Saturday night I was searching through some job sites and I got really discouraged and depressed. I cried for a while after I went to bed. Then I prayed. I don't know what happened, but by the time I was done praying, I knew I believed, not only about God, but also in Him.


Technorati tags:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being open and honest brother about the journey you are on. I know for myself that the movement from "faith being belief to faith being trust" was a tough one. Yet in the end it was one of the most enriching experience in my journey with Jesus. I pray the same would hold true for you.

You mentioned a theme hymn of the day on Sunday. One of my favorite hymns of all time is "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus." I love the line "just to take Him at His word." Something freeing in there for me as I learn to trust Him not for what He does (or will do) but more for who He is and what He says.

I am proud of you my friend. Keep pressing in/on.

9:40 PM, March 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do know it must have taken a lot to share this. Thank you.

10:37 PM, March 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home