Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Even if he does not

Last night a singles' group I'm in went over the third chapter of Daniel. It's the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and the fiery furnace.

The high point of the story for me comes when Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego tell the king that the will not worship his statue even when threaten with death by being thrown into the fiery furnace (I wonder if they were really expecting to be saved). They knew that God was able to save them, but that he may well not. I think a lot of Americans think that God somehow owes them a comfortable life, but that is not the case.

Are you willing to say, "even if he does not?"


Technorati tags:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice to meet you! Another Christian online who blogs about both God and weight loss. :)

9:04 PM, April 20, 2006  
Blogger Freethinker said...

Hi. I actually hope to not be blogging about weight loss for too long...

2:28 PM, April 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home