Monday, July 24, 2006

Wake up the echoes? - My too early College Football Poll

I know I'm making one, but I still think less than worthless (they're actually a hindrance to ranking teams well after the actual play games). But I'm ready for football season to start again, even though it won't for 6 weeks or so.

My Preseason Top 10:

1) Notre Dame - Somebody's got to be #1, so why not a good team from last year that is returning 17 starters, including Heisman front-runner Brady Quinn? Plus, they still have Touchdown Jesus:





2) Oklahoma - With a season of experience under QB Rhett Bomar, a healthy Adrian Peterson, and 7 starters back on defense, OU should be back in title contention this season. The offensive line is a question mark though.

3) Florida - A random SEC school steps it up every year, this season I'm going with the Gators.

4) Texas - No Vince Young, but they should still be good for 10 or 11 wins.

5) Miami (Fla) - They're due.

6) USC - They lost a ton of talent to the NFL, but this is a program that will reload, not rebuild.

7) Louisville - Someone is going to make some noise in the Big East, and I'm not buying that it's going to be West Virginia.

8) Ohio St. - Basically their whole defensive isn't returning, but if Tressel can loosen up the star-powered offensive they should be able to score with just about anybody.

9) Nebraska - My dark horse pick.

10) Florida St. - Mainly because they haven't given in to the P.C. crowd and dumped their mascot.






Technorati tags:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touchdown Jesus, hahahaha!!!!

12:21 PM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger tank said...

Hey, football season HAS started...you should check out the Dallas Diamonds...the women's team. Next home game at Birdville stadium in North Richland Hills, August 19, 7pm.

6:38 AM, July 26, 2006  
Blogger Freethinker said...

I actually thought that leauge had folded.

11:52 AM, July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home