Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Time for the Fire Sale

I really thought this season was going to be better for the Texas Rangers, and that they would be able to keep in contention to at least the end of June. But it wasn't to be. I thought the players would rally for new manager Rod Washington after having experienced the strict Buck Showalter and there were hopes for an improved bullpen and great hitting. Not much of that happened though.

So who goes in the looming fire sale?

My guess:

Sammy Sosa (after hitting his 600th home run) is traded for 2 low-level prospects that never make it to the majors.

Mark Teixeria is traded for a below average starting pitcher and 2 supposedly top prospects that don't pan out.

Who else?

Maybe Kenny Lofton for a player to be named later if a team is desperate for a center fielder?

Vicente Padilla, with the Rangers picking up at least half his remaining salary, traded to a team counting on the "ex-Ranger pitchers improve after leaving Arlington especially if the go to the NL" effect?


Technorati tags:

3 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

We're going to the game tomorrow night. Maybe Sosa will hit two while I'm there. I'm pretty lucky with baseball games--I've been at two perfect games and saw Nolan Ryan's 5000th strike out. And I was also at the Ryan-Ventura smackdown game.

But, I'd just be happy with a win.

10:08 PM, June 06, 2007  
Blogger Freethinker said...

That's some good luck.

I was there when they lost to the Red Sox (I think) 21-3, and Bobby Witt got to pitch hit. I think the Rangers are 1-7 in games I've been at.

10:25 PM, June 06, 2007  
Blogger Thainamu said...

Oh, my, the Rangers got clobbered! But there was a home run for the last strike of the game (two out, two strikes) so that gave us a chance to see fireworks.

And the weather was great, so it was a nice evening anyway.

12:18 AM, June 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home